2014 has been another great year and it's hard to believe that 2015 starts tomorrow!
Some of the highlights of this year include:
- Attending BEA 2014 - what a great experience!!! Lots of great books, meeting other bloggers in person, networking with publishers/publicists, meeting authors and attending some of the parties! So much fun and I am definitely going again in 2015!
- I walked my first 1/2 marathon in just over 3 hours and then did a second one for charity 3 months later.
My top reads of 2014 are (in no particular order):
- In the Blood by Lisa Unger
- Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Wife, The Maid & The Mistress by Ariel Lawhon
- The Storied Life of A.J. Firky by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow
- Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes
- Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
- The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewel
- The Look of Love by Sarah Jio
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel
So, here are my stats for 2014. Overall, I completed 158 books (which includes audio books) which is 2 books shy of what I read last year. I also participated in some fun challenges that caused me to alter some of my reading habits - all for the good. Here's the breakdown:
- 158 books completed
- 110 books read - 58 print/52 e-book
- 48 audio books listened to
- 20 books from library
- 6 print/14 audio
- 7 books read from my shelves - NEED TO WORK ON THIS!!!
- Purchased 79 books (includes audio books purchased via Audible)
- read/listened to 44
Of the 13 year-long reading challenges that I participated in for 2014, I completed 7. To see which ones I did, see my Month in Review: December 2014 post, where I list the final totals of each challenge. While I started to freak out about this back a few months ago when I realized I wasn't going to finish a bunch of them, I decided to just let it go. After all, I did read quite a lot of books - and with some of the reading challenges, I crushed the goal, so in the end, I'm very happy with my results.
In the next few days I will be adding the challenges that I plan on participating in during 2015 - they are a combination of ones I've done before and some new ones. Some of these I sign up for merely to help me keep track of what I read - for instance, how many audio books I listen to in a year or how many e-books I read in a year. Some I do just because I enjoy participating in!